Citizens Fiber offers a program to help our low-income residential customers keep their telephone or internet service. This program is called Lifeline 135 Service and is a government assistance program. If you are a low-income residential customer, you may qualify.
Customers have the following choices:
Voice or Bundled Voice Service: Customer will receive a discount of $5.25 off their monthly rate.
Internet Service: A customer may choose to apply the credit on a qualifying internet service, which may be part of a bundle. The customer will receive a discount of $9.25 off their monthly rate.
Here’s How to Qualify for Lifeline 135 Service:
You can get Lifeline 135 if you are in one of these programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – (f/k/a Food Stamps)
- Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance OR
- Your yearly household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Here’s how to apply for this program:
You have 3 ways to apply for Lifeline 135:
- Apply online at http://www.CheckLifeline.org/lifeline.
- Apply through the mail by filling out the Lifeline Application found at http://www.CheckLifeline.org/lifeline.
- Visit Citizens Fiber Business Office Monday through Friday, from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., for assistance with the application.
Lifeline 135 service is non-transferrable to another person or household and only eligible consumers may enroll in the program. Lifeline 135 is limited to one discount per household.
For more information on this federal program, please visit the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at http://lifelinesupport.org or contact Citizens Fiber Office at 724-424-4444.
Updated on 6/7/2022